This privacy statement consists of the sections set out below:
- Information about us
- Information we collect
- How we use your information
- Legal basis for processing your information
- Sharing of information
- Marketing and unsubscribing from marketing
- Rights in relation to your information
- International transfers
- Retention of personal information
- Visiting other sites
- How to contact us
- Complaints and modifications
Information about us
We provide venues for conferences, events, training, exhibitions and meetings.
Unless we have agreed otherwise in writing with you, we are the “controller” for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018.
Information we collect
Information that you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website, submitting a job application or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, enter a survey and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include: your name, address, email address, phone number; financial and credit card information.
You may give us information such as names, email addresses and dietary or other particular requirements relating to a conference, event, training, exhibition or meeting. You may also give us information regarding your employees, representatives or customers for the purposes of planning and hosting events and delivery of our services.
We may ask visitors and delegates to sign-in at reception. This is for their own safety and security and because we want to have a means of ensuring that all visitors have vacated the building in the event of an emergency. Where there are delegates attending an event with specific dietary requirements we may ask those attendees for further details of any dietary requirements so that we can organise and deliver the appropriate catering to those attendees
When you wish to check availability at our venues, we ask you to provide your name, company name and email address.
We may collect information when you visit our website, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, geographical location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
We use Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
How we use your information
When you provide personal information to us, we may use it for any of the purposes described in the privacy statement, or as stated at the point of collection (or as obvious from the context of collection), including:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us;
- to plan and host conferences, events, training, exhibitions or meetings;
- to process and acknowledge any job application that you may make;
- to carry out sales and marketing activities as further described below;
- to respond to enquiries; and
- to improve our website to ensure that the content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device.
Legal basis for processing your information
We rely on one or more of the following processing conditions in order to process your personal information:
- our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information and services to you and in the effective and lawful operation of our business (provided these do not interfere with your rights);
- to satisfy any legal and regulatory obligations to which we are subject;
- to perform our obligations under any contracts that we have agreed with you;
- if you have agreed to us processing your personal information for the relevant purpose where no other condition for processing is available or relevant
Sharing of information
We may disclose your personal information to our employees, officers or consultants or professional advisors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in the privacy statement or in the terms that we have agreed with you.
Your personal information may be transferred to third party service providers who process information on our behalf, including providers of information technology, identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data back-up, security and storage services. The third party providers may use their own third party subcontractors that have access to personal data.
We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, regulatory, or other government agencies or to other third parties as required by, and in accordance with, applicable law or regulation.
Marketing and unsubscribing from marketing
etc.venues’ communications may include updates, special offers, newsletters or an invitation to our venues. If you subscribe to any newsletter, you will receive emails known as newsletters. If you select any preferences such as issues, topics, subjects or industries, you may receive email communications related to those self-selected topics.
Where we are legally required to obtain your consent to provide you with marketing materials, we will only provide you with such marketing materials if you have provided consent for us to do so.
We will accept, acknowledge and maintain your requests to opt-out of future communications whether through email, telephone, mail or fax.
If you want to unsubscribe from mailing lists or any marketing, you should look for and follow the instructions we have provided within the appropriate area(s) of the website or in the relevant communications to you.
If you do not wish to receive emails or marketing communications from us, you can at any time contact us to request that such communications cease. If you choose to unsubscribe from any or all mailings, we may retain information sufficient to identify you so that we can honor your request.
Rights in relation to your information
You may have certain rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you may have the right to:
- request a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information;
- object to our processing of your personal information; and/or
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).
We will not transfer your personal data to countries or territories outside of the UK and the (remainder of the) European Economic Area (the EEA). We have made reasonable enquiries of all third parties engaged by us in relation to the provision and operation of our services and operation of the website that they do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of the UK and the (remainder of the) EEA.
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorised persons are provided access to personal information that we collect; such individuals have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
Although we are committed to ensuring that your information is kept secure, no security system is guaranteed to be completely secure. Whilst we strive to protect your personal information, etc.venues cannot guarantee or warrant the security of our services, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply through our website will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet.
Retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information only if it is required for the purposes for which is was collected, or as required to do so by law.
Visiting other sites
The etc.venues website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these websites. Any links to other websites does not mean that etc.venues endorses or accepts any responsibility for that site.
How to contact us
Post: Finance Director, etc.venues Ltd, County Hall, Central office 3rd floor, Belvedere Road, London. SE1 7PB
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection regulator. In the first instance, please do contact us if you have any complaints and we will try our best to make things right.