Spiced Hot Chocolate Recipe
We’d like to wish you all a very festive break and to ensure you beat the cold in style this winter, we’re sharing our steamy and creamy Spiced Hot Chocolate Recipe. Enjoy!
Ingredients (for 3 mugs):
- ½ vanilla bean (or ½ tsp of vanilla extract)
- 1 cinnamon quill (or ½ tsp of cinnamon powder)
- 3-star anise
- 500ml semi skimmed milk (or plant alternative)
- 180ml double cream (or plant alternative)
- 85g of 70% dark chocolate (Callebaut or Valrhona)
- 1 tbsp of cocoa powder
- Sugar or honey to taste
- Pour the milk into your saucepan, cut your vanilla bean in half and using the tip of your knife collect the seeds and place them with the empty bean in the milk. Add your cinnamon and star anise then bring it to the boil.
- In another milk pan melt your chocolate with the double cream on a medium heat, whisking constantly. Once you obtain a smooth consistency, gradually whisk your milk and spices into it.
- Add your cocoa powder (and sugar or honey to your taste) and simmer gently for a further five minutes, strain to remove the spices from your chocolate and pour it into your favourite mug.
- Finally, why not “decorate” your festive hot chocolate with a lovely Chantilly cream, marshmallow and/or fresh berries?