Award-winning urban day events and conferences venue specialist etc.venues today announces details of its International expansion into New York. The news comes in the same week as etc.venues launches its 17th UK venue: ‘the training space of the future’ in London’s Chancery Lane.
The first of several venues to open in New York will be at 360 Madison Avenue in Midtown. Scheduled to open in late 2019, the 45,000 sqft of contemporary design space will host events over two interconnecting floors. etc.venues has already taken over $2m in enquiries.
The launch of etc.venues at 360 Madison is the cornerstone of the firm’s ambitious plans to expand its footprint and go global, with two more New York venues planned in the next 12 months as part of a $35m investment.
The space at 360 Madison is modelled on the successful London venues with all the etc.venues design hallmarks of natural light, high ceilings and spacious layouts.
Nick Hoare, Chief Operating Officer of etc.venues UK explains:
“etc.venues is the longest-standing dedicated specialist for business meetings and events venues. We want to share our flair with New York professionals who need stylish, elegant, highly contemporary space to interact, learn, get inspired and do business. Think hotels without bedrooms but with high quality service in every other area. Today we formally export that specialism to the US, home of the most dynamic but under-served meetings venue market. We’re an innovative and challenging British brand adapting our highly successful, simple, specialist model to a market that needs a superior alternative to hotels.
We also announced today the signing of Chancery Lane London, demonstrating our ambition to grow on both sides of the Atlantic, including a renewed focus on opportunities in mainland Europe.
As of this Spring, we’re larger than both Hilton and Marriott in Central London with a total of 278 meeting rooms. We plan to double the size of the entire business over the next 3- 5 years as we work towards becoming the global leader in urban day conference and event centres.”
At a glance: first New York venue
- Spacious venue in Midtown Manhattan, a few steps from Grand Central Terminal
- Highly contemporary space across two interconnecting floors, totalling 45,000 sq ft
- Vibrant interior design, onsite chefs, state-of-the-art tech and award-winning service
17th UK venue to open in parallel with New York launch
Back in the UK, just minutes from Chancery Lane, Holborn and Farringdon tube stations, etc.venues Chancery Lane will be a vibrant 28,000 sqft space, mixing contemporary workspace designs with an urban street feel. The venue will feature classic etc.venues built-in AV, bespoke all-day service, artistic flair and architectural quirks across 28 purpose-built rooms and spacious collaborative areas. Designed to inspire professionals to interact, learn and get creative in a more stimulating and inclusive setting than the conventional corporate training venue, the new space will feature a vast collaborative lounge and formal and informal zones to work, rest and play.
Head of Design, Franck Rosello, says:
“etc.venues Chancery Lane will offer the perfect backdrop for a modern, future-proof learning experience. The flexible, inspirational setting will reflect the more relaxed learning style of today’s workforce.
Gone are the days of stuffy, expensive syndicate rooms and additional charges for trainers’ offices. Delegates want to enjoy more collaborative space and etc.venues Chancery Lane will bring it in abundance. It’s an exciting, uplifting contrast of old and new, combining brick, concrete, timber and leather finishes to create a feel unlike other London training spaces.
For extra energy, the ‘collaborative lounge’ will be linked to all other floors by a stunning glass staircase flooded with natural daylight and served by on-site bespoke chefs offering all-day refreshments.”
At a glance: new London venue
- Central location at Chancery Lane and walkable from Holborn and Farringdon
- 28,000 sq ft: 28 vibrant rooms ideal for training and meetings
- Co-working lounge offering all day refreshments from on-site chefs
- All AV is built-in. No wires. No fuss. Free Wi-fi – high speed fibre connectivity
- etc.venues is now the leading UK provider of city centre non-residential venues. It has 17 UK venues and specialises in the conference, meetings, training & events market, hosting c.850,000 delegates a year and 18,000 events.
- In 2018, the business announced a partnership with US investor Gencom and Benchmark, a global hospitality company. The collaboration signalled the global expansion plans of etc.venues in urban and destination sites in Europe and the US.
To enquire about the international expansion, view NY-related podcasts or register interest in 360 Madison, email email@example.com or visit etcvenues.com.
To enquire about Chancery Lane, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 020 3735 8900 or visit etcvenues.co.uk/chancery-lane.