There’s plenty of research and scholarly articles about how our environment influences the way we think, feel and behave. That’s why we invest a great deal of time focussing on the design of our meeting and event venues in London, Birmingham, Manchester and New York.
Beige walls never inspired anyone
Speak to our Head of Design, Franck Rosello, and he’ll tell you that “beige walls never inspired anyone”. He’s not an advocate of dull and dark spaces. Franck believes “Dark themes may suit a nightclub but within a meeting room, low light and recessive tones don’t help stimulate ideas, collaboration or creativity.”
It’s the reason why our meeting and event attendees experience:
- Natural light that floods our meeting, event and conference venues through floor-to-ceiling windows
- Stimulating colours and upbeat tones that inspire ideas and creativity
- Contemporary artworks that reflect the surrounding area and trigger conversations among meeting and event attendees
Bringing meetings and events to life
The images above are a montage of two of our meeting spaces in Central London and bring these key themes – and your meeting and event – to life.
From left to right:
- Natural light bathes our steel staircase at Chancery Lane. Cut into raw concrete, this staggering feat of engineering links three floors of meeting and training rooms and allows attendees to effortlessly explore and access the venue’s hub, work pods, break- out spaces and the kitchen where you can see our in-house chefs at work
- The bright neon cloud artwork at 133 Houndsditch lights one of our work stations and reminds our attendees that every cloud has a silver (or bright neon) lining!
- The ‘Reclining Barrister’ at Chancery Lane. This tongue-in-cheek mural was created onsite by an artist who was inspired by the meeting venue’s location within the heart of London’s legal district.
Our event venues are ‘supercharged not superficial’
As you can see, all our meeting and event spaces are far more than just ‘spaces’. Unlike many event venues in London and New York, ours are purposely designed – often from the ground-up – to host meetings and events. That’s why we say our venues are ‘supercharged not superficial’
For instance, sound-proofed walls ensure no unnecessary, noisy distractions allowing delegates to focus. Thoughtful room layouts and built-in screens mean presentations can be seen clearly by everyone attending, including those seated at the back of the meeting, event or conference. And the latest integrated tech ensures every face-to-face meeting can quickly and easily be extended to become a virtual meeting, too.