What do best-in-class hybrid events look like?
C&IT gathered events leaders to share their insights and tips on how to master the art of running hybrid events which engage your audiences and drive commercial growth.
The session was hosted by C&IT's Editor, Calum Di Lieto, and considered how to boost hybrid attendance rates by using sophisticated data management and measurement strategies.
Charlotte Culley, etc.venues Hybrid Meeting Expert, joined the panel which included Henry Hall, Managing Director, Launch Interactions, Jake Burnham, Head of Sales, First Event, and Stephanie Utting, Managing Director, EMC3.
Best practice shared by the panel
The panel shared these best practice points for running a hybrid event.
- Keep it simple – don’t try to offer everything for everyone. Establish the event objectives and select what you will offer in-person and online audiences.
- Concentrate on the live audience first when building the agenda. Then select the elements to offer to the online audience – they might not want or need all aspects from the agenda like networking or access to the exhibition.
- Select a venue with the right infrastructure. The event needs a strong, solid connection to ensure a successful broadcast.
- Research the platforms carefully, request demonstrations and client testimonials. Ask to attend another event where the platform is being used.
- Designate or hire a single experienced project lead to manage the delivery of both the in-person and online content.
To find our more, listen to the full session here.