Last year we predicted 2022, would be ‘The Year of Meeting Up’ and that’s how it turned out with many of our venues recording strong occupancy. What’s more, our end-of-year survey revealed that attitudes towards in-person meetings are now even more positive with 99% of event planners valuing face-to-face meetings the same or more than before the pandemic, up from 82% a year ago.
So, what will 2023 have in store for us? How will the meetings and events landscape evolve over the next year? Here are our 5 meeting and event predictions to kick start the New Year:
- Flexi-meetings will increase. As a result of so many businesses reducing their office space footprint, we expect small, simple, one-day face-to-face meetings (of 30 or less people) booked online (rather than through a telephone enquiry) to increase.
- Greater contract understanding. Over the past couple of years, venue providers and organisers have become more aware of the needs and requirements of both parties. What's more, we believe this more empathetic approach will continue.
- New ideas from new talent. Following the pandemic’s 200,000 strong exodus in the hospitality sector, an influx of new talent will bring fresh ideas and new thinking that will reinvigorate the meetings and events industry. Exciting times!
- No more meeting tech compromises. Hybrid team catch-ups have become a way of life which is why superfast Wi-Fi and bullet-proof infrastructure is no longer a nice-to-have, it will become a must-have from any reputable meeting provider.
- Bigger events will be more meaningful. Larger scale conferences and events (of 200 plus attendees) and their frequency will increase with specific targets, clear objectives and tangible measurements to ensure greater levels of sustainability.
It goes without saying that we’re ahead of the curve, and well prepared to accommodate each one of these meeting and event predictions. If you’d like to find out how else we can support you in 2023, get in touch!